STEPHEN T.I. FOUNDATION (Stephen Place of Hope) is a Non-Governmental Organization established to assist the less-privileged, orphanages, disadvantaged, children, physically challenged, youth and women through job creation, skills development, empowerment, health education and material donation.
We have through the philanthropic gestures of the directors and individual donors assisted hundreds of less privileged children, youth and women through payment of hospital bills, school fees, bursary, skills training, empowerment, job placement, donation of materials, campaign against HIV/AIDS, anti-teenage pregnancy and counseling.
To make live worth living for the downtrodden, the poor, the disabled and the economically disadvantaged communities through social, health and skills development, job creation, income generation opportunities and human development initiatives.
“We strive to enrich lives and enhance financial independence through self-esteem, training, job creation and empowerment”
Our Aims and Objective:
1. To create awareness among the economically disadvantaged communities on the prevailing socio-economic situation and encourage them actively participate in socio-economic development programs.
2. To embark on projects and programs with emphasis on primary healthcare, family planning, HIV/AIDS, family welfare, rural development and preservation of environment.
3. To undertake skills development training programs for the less privileged, youth and women through handicraft, horticulture, livestock, and assist them with short term loan for financial independence.
4. To establish vocational training center in various communities for training of various categories of people in security, gardening, farming, computer etc.
5. To partner with government agencies, corporate bodies, religious organizations, individuals and non- governmental organizations in achieving our goals of poverty eradication, healthcare delivery, provision of relief materials and rehabilitation during disaster.
6. To establish/support Community Health Centers and Clinics through provision of medicine and other infrastructural facilities such as beddings, towels, blankets etc.
7. To provide technical training centers, schools grants, stipends and scholarship for students of higher institutions.
8. To organize anti-teenage pregnancy, anti-rape and anti-drug abuse awareness campaign within and outside school environment.
9. To educate the community on preservation of cultural heritage, language and tradition especially education on male adult circumcision.
10. To seek and receive subventions, donations and other supports from persons, institutions and organizations both home and abroad for the purposes of the organization’s goals and objectives. However, foreign donation/grants, contributions or support for the organization shall follow all laid down provisions regarding foreign aids (Voluntary Activities Regulation Ordinance -1978) and rule made there under.
11. To publish periodical magazines, newsletters, newspapers, books and pamphlets that can promote the objectives of the organization and educate the general public on health, education and social development.